Uncivil Discourse

Because civility is overrated.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

My Kind Of Jackass

Sometimes, others put shit so well, all you can do is quote and applaud.

From Crooks and Liars, Poor Mojo
Newswire
has an open letter from Ajai Raj, the upstanding citizen who had the cajones to ask Ann Coulter about buggery.

Some of my favorite bits:

From the beginning I was yelling obscenities along with my friends, roaring at Ms. Coulter's right-wing bullshit festival the way no one else had the balls to. Mr. Sampath writes in his article that (and this is my take) the protestors were told to be good all along. They were told to sit in the back and hold their signs and leave quietly. No wonder hippies get such a bad rap nowadays; protestors today might as well be ornaments on the Rightmobile. When I want someone to know I'm pissed off, I'm going to throw down and give them a good shit-ruining. I wanted to show Ms. Coulter that people are down if she wants to hold a circle-jerk, but we're not gonna do it her way. Not me, at least.


Knowing that taking the time to say something insightful, specific, or even slightly critical would get me a lame comeback and a ticket back to my seat, I realized that the only way to win this battle was to fight fire with fire. Or bullshit with bullshit.


Did I give a shit? No. If I had a message, it's that the whole thing was a joke--hell, our whole political scene today is a fucking joke. Everyone's out to either pat themselves on the back for being right or whine about how they're being wronged without ever lifting a finger to fight for it.


Fuckin' a, brother, fuckin' a. This motherfucker's got it spot on. Someone give him a medal, or a cookie, or something.

And it's an absolute outrage that he was arrested for what he did. All of us should be outraged by this. Vulgarity is not a fucking crime, even if there were little kids. But hey, in a world where Michael Powell runs the FCC, who knows what shit's next?